Saturday 22 July 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, directed by Irwin Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1961 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Famous Birthdays:22 July
- WBNB TV channel 10 in Charlotte Amaile, VI (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Floyd Cramer - San Antonio Rose
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?