Saturday 22 July 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Glidden and Colin Ferguson.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Fat City, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tegtmeiers Reisen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1972 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Mark Glidden: American burglar, sentenced to ten years for two counts of burglary 3/27/1991; released 9/09/1991.
- Colin Ferguson: Canadian actor director and producer.
- Seth Fisher: American comic book artist and penciller (d. 2006).
- Keyshawn Johnson: American football player and sportscaster.
- Niclas Weiland: German footballer.
- 10.84 (27.53 cm) of rainfall, Fort Ripley, Mn (state 24-hr record)
- 27.53 cm (10.84 inches) of rainfall, Fort Ripley, Minnesota (state 24-hour record).
- Venera 8 makes soft landing on Venus.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 July 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?