Sunday 22 July 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to She Ain't Worth It by Glenn Medeiros.
In UK Sacrifice / Healing Hands by Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Problem Child, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Burden Of Proof by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyber Core or Double Hawk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1990!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1990 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 July
- 119th British Golf Open: Nick Faldo shoots 270 at St. Andrews Scotland
- 90th US Golf Amateur Championship won by Phil Mickelson
- Beth Daniel wins LPGA Phar-Mor in Youngstown Golf Tournament
- Greg Lemond of US wins bicycling's third tour de France.
- First round of the Mongolian legislative election, the first multiparty ever held in Mongolia the Mongolian People's Party wins by a wide margin after the second round of voting on July 29.
- George Carey, Bishop of Bath and Wells, is named as the new Archbishop of Canterbury.
- The Serbian Democratic Party declares the sovereignty of the Serbs in Croatia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 July 1990
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glenn Medeiros - She Ain't Worth It
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Billy Idol - Cradle Of Love
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love
- New Kids On The Block - Step By Step
- Snap! - The Power
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
- Michael Bolton - When I'm Back On My Feet Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?