Sunday 22 July 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
The Bourne Ultimatum, directed by Paul Greengrass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mad Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Story DS or Buzz!: The Hollywood Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 22 July 2007 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 July
- Voters in Cameroon go to the polls for parliamentary elections. Opposition leaders denounce the election as fraudulent. (BBC)
- Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, holds an Emergency Cabinet meeting to discuss floods with the British Army called in to help in the worst affected areas of England and Wales. (ABC News Australia)
- Khurshid Kasuri, the Foreign Minister of Pakistan warns the United States that it would be completely counterproductiveampquot to launch a strike against Al Qaeda and Taliban positions in the tribal areas of Pakistan. (CNN)
- Several thousand protesters opposed to Thailand's military government clash with Thai police in Bangkok. (BBC)
- Irish golfer Pádraig Harrington wins the British Open defeating Sergio García in a playoff. (Bloomberg)
- A bus crash in the French Alps kills 27 Polish pilgrims. (Gazeta)
- The Burj Dubai becomes the world's tallest building overtaking Taipei 101 in Taipei. (NDTV)
- Turkish voters go to the polls for general elections. The ruling AKP led by the Prime Minister of Turkey Tayyip Erdogan wins a resounding victory. (Reuters)
- 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup Final: Argentina defeated the Czech Republic 2-1 to win its sixth World Cup title. (TSN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?