Sunday 22 July 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Step Up Revolution, directed by Scott Speer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Farouk Omar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beach Buggy Blitz or Elf Defense Eng.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 22 July 2012 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 July
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- Turkey dispatches reinforcements at its border with Syria as another border crossing is captured by rebels. (Kuwait News Agency)
- Clashes take place between Syrian troops and armed Kurdish fighters in Qamishli. (Rudaw)
- Fighting continues in Damascus and Aleppo. (''The Guardian'')
- After a four day siege by the opposition forces, the 4th Armoured Division, commanded by Maher Assad sweeps through three rebel-held districts of Damascus. (''The Daily Telegraph'' via ''The Vancouver Sun'')
- Four Turkish security forces and four refugees are injured in a riot at a Syrian refugee camp in southern Turkey. (Reuters)
- The Arab League calls on President of Syria Bashar al-Assad to resign quickly to end the bloodshed. (Al-Jazeera)
- The Madagascan Army clashes with mutinous soldiers near the airport in the capital Antananarivo. (Al Jazeera)
- Car bombs kill 20 people and wound 80 in Mahmudiye, Madaen and Najaf in Iraq. (Reuters)
- At least 37 people are killed in torrential rains in the Chinese capital Beijing. (Xinhua)
- A moderately strong earthquake with a magnitude of 5.0 hits Kahramanmaraş, Turkey. (''The Republic'')
- Thirteen are killed and another 10 are injured when a pickup truck crashes in Texas. (CNN)
- The Libyan Olympic committee chief kidnapped a week ago, Ahmad Nabil al-Alam, is released unharmed. (BBC)
- Pranab Mukherjee is elected as the new President of India. (''Hindustan Times'')
- U.S. President Barack Obama visits the town of Aurora, Colorado, to console the families of victims of the recent shooting that left 12 dead and dozens injured. (AP via Fox News)
- Pennsylvania State University says that the on-campus statue of former Nittany Lions football coach Joe Paterno will be taken down as a result of the Penn State child sex abuse scandal. (CNN)
- Bradley Wiggins becomes the first British cyclist to win the Tour de France after coming first in this year's race. (BBC)
- In golf, Ernie Els wins the 2012 Open Championship. (ESPN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?