Tuesday 22 June 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Le printemps - Épisode 4: Les jeux et les ris - Floréal, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1909 ?
- Mike Todd [Avrom Goldbogen]: US director (80 days).
- Katherine Dunham: Dancer / choreographer (Casbah, Stormy Weather).
- Mike Todd: American producer and manager (d. 1958).
- Enrique Camino Brent: Peruvian painter of the indigenous movement.
- Philippe Seringe: Meudon physician.
- Maurice Adler: American film producer (d. 1960)
- Beatriz de Borbón: Spanish royalty, a daughter of King Alfonso XIII of Spain and Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg. She was a paternal aunt of King Juan Carlos I.
- Detlev [Freiherr Friedrich A von] Liliencron: German poet, dies at 65.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Schoolmates - Byron G. Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?