Sunday 22 June 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Shame of Mary Boyle, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1930 ?
- Yuri Artyukhin: Russian cosmonaut (d. 1998).
- Fred Benners: American football player, who played the 1952 NFL season for the New York Giants.
- Walter Bonatti: Italian mountain climber, explorer and journalist.
- Gilles Jacob: French essayist and film director, he assumed the President position of "the Cannes film Festival".
- Charles Lindbergh: American noted family, the first son of noted aviator Charles and pilot-writer Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
- Pierre Restany: French art critic and cultural philosopher. He spent his childhood in Casablanca. On returning to France in 1949 he attended the Lycée Henri-IV before studying at universities in France, Italy and Ireland. From their first meeting in 1955, Restany maintained a strong tie with Yves Klein (to whom is attributed Klein-blue).
- Rene Dereuddre: France sport Champion
- Yury Artyukhin: Russian colonel engineer and astronaut (d. 1998)
- Karl von Amira: German historian, dies at 82.
- Lou Gehrig hits three home runs in a game, Babe Ruth hits three in doubleheader.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?