Saturday 22 June 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tom Brown's School Days, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1940 ?
- Charles Harvey: British astrologer, teacher, organizer, author, researcher and counselor, an integral part of British astrology for more than 30 years.
- Esther Rantzen: British TV personality and producer, entering the industry in 1965.
- Joan Busfield: English sociologist psychologist and academic.
- Hubert Chesshyre: English historian and author.
- Abbas Kiarostami: Author / director (Under the Olive Trees, Close Up).
- France falls to Nazi Germany; armistice signed, France disarms
- SS rounds up 31 German / Polish / Dutch Jews in Roermond Neth
- France is forced to sign the Second Compiegne armistice with Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?