Wednesday 22 June 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1949 ?
- Lindsay Wagner: American actress who, after doing a guest shot in 1976 on the "Six Million Dollar Man," zoomed into her own series, "The Bionic Woman.
- Pierre Amoyal: French violinist and artistic director of the Conservatory of Lausanne.
- Gary Moffet: Montreal, Quebec -- Rock guitarist (April Wine).
- Meryl Streep: American actress, the most esteemed actress of her generation, receiving an unprecedented 11 Oscar nominations for her outstanding performances in films including "The Deer Hunter," 1978, "Kramer vs.
- Meryl Streep in New Jersey: USA; actress (French Lieutenant's Woman, Sophie's Choice).
- Lindsay Wagner in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (The Bionic Woman, Paper Chase, Nighthawks).
- Alan Osmond in Ogden: Utah, USA; singer (Osmond Brothers, Donnie and Marie).
- Larry Junstrom: American bass player (38 Special and Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Brian Leveson: English lawyer and judge
- Alan Osmond: American singer and producer (The Osmonds)
- Luís Vieira: Portuguese businessman
- Elizabeth Warren: American attorney and law professor
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vic Damone - You're Breaking My Heart
- The Four Winds and the Seven Seas - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Bali Ha'i - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?