Wednesday 22 June 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Little Foys, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1955 ?
- Olevi Kull: Estonian ecologist and academic (d. 2007).
- Christine Orengo: Professor of Bioinformatics at University College London.
- LeAnn Cassaday: LPGA golfer.
- Green Gartside: Welsh singer-songwriter and guitarist (Scritti Politti).
- Wyllis Cooper: TV narrator (Volume One), dies at 56.
- Antonio Segni forms government in Italy
- US air patrol plane shot down above Bering sea
- Buena Vista generally releases the Disney animated film Lady and the Tramp to theaters in the US.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?