Saturday 22 June 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Ryder and Nick Santagata.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Smell of Success, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The George Sanders Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1957 ?
- John Ryder: Rock bassist (Face To Face).
- Nick Santagata: Jockey.
- Danny Baker: English comedy writer, journalist, radio DJ and screenwriter.
- Kevin Bond: English footballer and manager.
- Garry Beers: Australian bass player songwriter and producer (INXS and Absent Friends).
- Michael Stratton: English geneticist and academic
- The Soviet Union launches an R-12 missile for the first time (in the Kapustin Yar).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 June 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- The Coasters - Young Blood
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?