Saturday 22 June 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Ivan's Childhood, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1963 ?
- Hokutoumi Nobuyoshi: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 61st Yokozuna.
- John Tenta: Canadian professional wrestler (d. 2006).
- Anne-Marie Ruddock: rocker (Amazulu - "Excitable").
- Randy Couture: Everett, Washington -- 198 lbs greco-roman wrestler (1996 Olympics).
- Ludo Philippaerts: Belgian equestrian, three-time Belgian Champion, 1989, 1991 and 1995.
- Maria Tanase: Romanian singer of traditional and popular music (Born 1913).
- Little Stevie Wonder (13) releases Fingertips
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?