Monday 22 June 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Royals and Mike Edwards.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to A World Without Love by Peter and Gordon.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1964 ?
- Mark Royals: NFL punter (New Orleans Saints, Detroit Lions).
- Mike Edwards: British rock vocalist (Jesus Jones-Devil you Know).
- Nico Jalink: Dutch soccer player (Sparta, NAC).
- Greg Anderson: American basketball player, a forward/center for the San Antonio Spurs.
- Amy Brenneman: American actress best known for portraying strong, unpredictable women.
- Dan Brown: American author of the bestselling "Da Vinci Code" made into a movie starring Tom Hanks and Audrey Tatou. The novel and movie stirred up quite a controversy in the conservative wing of the Catholic Church as it suggests that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had a child who carried the blood line of the holy family.
- Cadillac Anderson: American basketball player
- Dicky Barrett: American singer and actor (The Mighty Mighty Bosstones)
- John Penrose: English politician Minister for Tourism and Heritage
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 June 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Bad To Me
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?