Tuesday 22 June 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Cat Ballou, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1965 ?
- Lubomir Moravcik: Slovak footballer.
- Uwe Boll: German director producer and screenwriter.
- Tommy Cunningham: rocker (Wet Wet Wet-Wishing I Was).
- Ľubomír Moravčík: Czech footballer and manager.
- James D. Lathan and George York are hanged for the murders of 12 people in Tennessee, Illinois, Kansas, and Colorado, which took place over 12 days in 1961.
- The Treaty on Basic Relations between Japan and the Republic of Korea is signed in Tokyo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Patti Page - Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?