Wednesday 22 June 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Camille Benjamin and Euan Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Born Free, directed by James Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1966 ?
- Camille Benjamin: Cleveland, Ohio -- Tennis star.
- Euan Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe: English Baron / multi-millionaire.
- Paul Randolph: CFL linebacker (Montreal Alouettes).
- Schooly D: American rapper.
- Emmanuelle Seigner: French actress, former fashion model, and singer, also known as the wife of French-Polish director Roman Polanski, and for her roles in The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007) and Frantic (1988).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Chiffons - Sweet Talkin' Guy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?