Monday 22 June 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Love You Save by The Jackson 5.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1970!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1970 ?
- Anne "Annie" Summertime Kakela: US rower (1996 Olympics - 4th Place).
- David Frisch: NFL tight end (NE Patriots).
- Rastko Cvetkovic: NBA center (Denver Nuggets).
- Michel Elefteriades: Greek-Lebanese politician and businessman.
- Steven Page: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Barenaked Ladies).
- President Nixon signs 26th amendment (voting age lowered to 18)
- Supreme Court ruled juries of less than 12 are constitutional
- WSWO TV channel 26 in Springfield, OH (ABC) suspends broadcasting
- US President Richard Nixon signs 26th amendment (voting age lowered to 18).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- Elvis Presley - The Wonder Of You
- The Poppy Family - Which Way You Goin' Billy?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?