Friday 22 June 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Meatballs, directed by Ivan Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1979 ?
- Leire Martinez: Basque singer and songwriter (La Oreja de Van Gogh).
- Joey Cheek: American speed skater.
- Xenofon Gittas: Greek footballer.
- Brad Hawpe: American baseball player.
- Leire Martínez: Spanish singer-songwriter (La Oreja de Van Gogh).
- Jai Rodriguez: American actor and singer
- Thomas Voeckler: French athlete, a professional cyclist who has participated in several Tours de France. In 2011, he finished fourth. Professional since 2001, he rides with Team Europcar. In 2003 he captured the Tour Luxembourg title and a year later the French championship. The young-looking cyclist often sticks out his tongue while racing, earning the nickname of "Chou-Chou."
- Larry Holmes TKOs Mike Weaver in 12 for heavyweight boxing title
- Little Richard quits rock & roll for religious pursuit
- Pro Football Researchers Association founded at Canton, Ohio.
- Stack's of New York sells a 1907 double eagle Ultra High Relief for $225,000, a record for a gold coin at public auction.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Rex Smith - You Take My Breath Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?