Saturday 22 June 2002
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nathan Gurd .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Foolish by Ashanti.
In UK Without Me by Eminem was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Deeds, directed by Steven Brill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Face the Fire by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Studio A Entertainment.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Command & Conquer: Renegade or Dexter's Laboratory: Chess Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 2002!
Which were the important events of 22 June 2002 ?
- Saint Louis Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile is found dead of a heart attack in his Chicago hotel room.
- An earthquake measuring 6.5 Mw strikes a region of northwestern Iran killing at least 261 people and injuring 1,300 others and eventually causing widespread public anger due to the slowness of the victims receiving aid and supplies.
- Medicine – Europe is declared polio-free by the World Health Organization.
- Natural disaster – a major earthquake hit Iran, with its epicentre at Bou'in-Zahra, measuring at least 6.0 on the Richter scale.
- Recent celebrity deaths: Columnist Ann Landers dies of myeloma at age 83.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 June 2002
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?