Thursday 22 June 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, directed by Gore Verbinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Three Sheets.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Act of War: High Treason or Deal or No Deal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 22 June 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 June
- Moose (dog actor): dog actor popular for role on Frasier (Born 1990).
- The International Astronomical Union officially names Pluto's recently discovered moons, S/2005 P 2 and S/2005 P 1, Nix (after Nyx, the Greek Goddess of Darkness) and Hydra (multi-headed monster from Greek myth) respectively. (National Geographic)
- East Timor President Xanana Gusmão threatens to resign over the social unrest in his country. (BBC)
- The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation raids terror suspects in Miami, Florida, with seven arrests made. The detainees are charged with terrorism conspiracy, in connection of being in the early stages of planning attacks against Chicago's Sears Tower and possibly FBI and government buildings in the Miami area. (CNN)
- Japan dispatches ships and planes to monitor developments in North Korea as that country prepares to test a long range missile. (Associated Press)
- United States and coalition forces have found 500 pre-1991 chemical weapons since the 2003 invasion of Iraq. A Pentagon official has stated that the weapons were degraded beyond the point of use, but the report states they remain a danger and are still potentially lethal. (FOX News)
- After 16 years in office, Angelo Sodano retires as Cardinal Secretary of State. He will be succeeded by Tarcisio Bertone, until now Archbishop of Genoa. (Holy See Bollettino)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?