Saturday 22 March 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hiawatha, directed by Hilde Hadges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1913!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1913 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Lew Wasserman: American film studio executive and agent whom Steven Spielberg called a "great titan of the industry.
- Sabiha Gokcen: Turkish combat pilot (d. 2001).
- Charles Dederich: American founder of Synanon drug and alcohol rehab program, 1958.
- James Westerfield: Nashville, Tennessee -- Actor (Jungle Heat, Lucky Johnny).
- Sabiha Gökçen: Turkish soldier and pilot (d. 2001).
- Tom McCall: American politician, the Governor of Oregon from 1966-1974. A liberal Republican, he was known as a trailblazing environmentalist who was a pace setter for conservation in the '70s and '80s by instituting many novel ideas such as the bottle bill, odd-even gas rationing and the banning of electrical outdoor signs during the energy crisis. He is the author of the autobiography "Maverick," 1977.
- Karl Malden Chicago Illinois actor (Mike-Streets of San Francisco: American Express).
- Sung Chiao-jen: Chinese Nationalist (Born 1882).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Sympathy - Helen Clark & Walter Van Brunt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 March 1913 and get them!