Saturday 22 March 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Thief of Bagdad, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1924!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1924 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Henri Virlojeux: France Actor.
- Bill Wendell in New York City: New York, USA; TV announcer (Late Night With David Letterman).
- Al Neuharth: American journalist and author founded USA Today (d. 2013).
- Yevgeny Ostashev: Russian colonel pilot and engineer (d. 1960).
- Bill Roost: English footballer (d. 2013).
- Osman Seden: Turkish director producer and screenwriter (d. 1998)
- Bill Wendell: American television announcer (d. 1999)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Little Butterfly - John Steel
- Arcady - Al Jolson
- Tain't Nobody's Bus'ness if I Do - Clarence Williams' Blue Five
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 March 1924 and get them!