Sunday 22 March 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Igor Hajek and Burton Richter American physicist.
The Bad Sister, directed by Hobart Henley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1931 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Igor Hajek: Translator / writer.
- Burton Richter American physicist: Nobel Prize laureate.
- Bob Kaufman: American scriptwriter, director and producer, his works include: "Love At First Bite," which he produced, (starring George Hamilton and Susan St. James), "Freebie and the Bean" (with Alan Arkin) and "How To Beat the High Cost of Living.
- William Shatner: Canadian-American actor in film and TV best known as the Starship Commander James T. Kirk on the series "Star Trek," 1966-1969.
- Leslie Thomas: Welsh author best known for his comic novel "The Virgin Soldiers.
- Petrus Van Rhijn: Netherlands sport Champion
- Burton Richter: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?