Friday 22 March 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Haing S Ngor and William Ritchie.
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1940 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Haing S Ngor: Cambodian/American actor (d. 1996).
- William Ritchie: vice-chancellor (Lancaster University).
- Peter Frost: American ecclesiastic, one of the number of priests who have had lawsuits filed against them for alleged acts of sexual abuse.
- Michael Von Preußen: German author on German history and a member of the House of Hohenzollern.
- Dave Keon: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Haing Ngor: Cambodian-American physician actor and author (d. 1996)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?