Monday 22 March 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Lloyd Webber and Randy Hobbs rocker (Johnny Winter Band.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1948 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: English theatre composer.
- Randy Hobbs rocker (Johnny Winter Band: McCoys).
- Tom Richards: Australian artist, cartoonist, journalist and actor.
- Andrew Webber: British composer, playwright and impresario noted for some of the greatest hit shows of the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
- Wolf Blitzer: American television journalist.
- Randy Hobbs: American bass player (The McCoys and Montrose) (d. 1993)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sabre Dance - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- I Love You, Yes I Do - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?