Tuesday 22 March 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include D Watson and Fanny Ardant.
The Set-Up, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Believe It or Not.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1949 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- D Watson: Director (Brighton University).
- Fanny Ardant: French actress, touted as France's answer to Katharine Hepburn.
- Michi Dei Rossi: Italian drummer, a member of the band Le Orme since 1967.
- Brian Hanrahan: British journalist (Born 1949).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Forever and Ever - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- Perry Como - Forever and Ever
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
- Cruising Down the River - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?