Saturday 22 March 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Singin' in the Rain, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1952!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1952 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Bob Costas: Sportscaster.
- Des Browne: Scottish lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Scotland.
- Jay Daugherty: American drummer and songwriter (The Church).
- Jay Dee Daugherty: American drummer.
- Bob Costas in Queens: New York, USA; sportscaster/talk show host (Later).
- Uncle Dave Macon: American musician (Born 1870).
- Dutch DC-6 crashes near Frankfurt, Germany, killing 44.
- Wernher von Braun publishes the first in his series of articles titled ''Man Will Conquer Space Soon!'', including ideas for manned flights to Mars and the Moon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?