Friday 22 March 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dark Lady by Cher.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1974 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Philippe Clement: Belgian footballer.
- Gert Peens: South African-born Italian rugby player.
- Kim Yun-Jung: Miss Universe - Korea (1996).
- Tuomas Gronman NHL defenseman (Team Finland Olympics-Bronze-1998: Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Bassem Youssef: TV Show Host.
- Peter Revson US race car driver (Indianapolis 500): dies at age 35.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Paul McCartney - Jet
- Mocedades - Eres Tu (Touch The Wind)
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?