Thursday 22 March 1984
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Jump by Van Halen.
In UK 99 Red Balloons by Nena was in the top 5 hits.
Police Academy, directed by Hugh Wilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1984!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1984 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Piotr Trochowski: Polish-born German soccer/football player.
- Islander Bryan Trottier ties NHL rec scores 5 seconds into game
- Teachers at the McMartin preschool in Manhattan Beach, California are charged with satanic ritual abuse of the children in the school. The charges are later dropped as completely unfounded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Van Halen - Jump
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Huey Lewis & The News - I Want A New Drug
- Nena - 99 Luftballons
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Adult Education
- Christine McVie - Got A Hold On Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?