Thursday 22 March 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 22 March 2007 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 March
- Uppaluri Gopala Krishnamurti: Indian philosopher (Born 1918).
- An arms depot explodes in Maputo, Mozambique, killing at least 93 people and injuring hundreds more. (AP via CNN)
- French space agency CNES releases its UFO files to the public via its website. (Washington Post)
- Jamaican Police announce that Bob Woolmer, the coach of the Pakistan national cricket team, was murdered on Sunday, and proceed to question all members of the team. (IOL (S. Africa))
- NBC, News Limited, AOL, MSN and Yahoo! join forces to develop an ad-supported online video network to compete with YouTube. (Business Week)
- 2007 Zimbabwean political crisis: The Roman Catholic Archbishop of Bulawayo Pius Ncube calls for mass protests to force President Robert Mugabe from power. (BBC)
- Fighting erupts in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, between Government troops and the personal militia of Jean-Pierre Bemba, defeated presidential candidate in 2006 and recently elected Senator. The Spanish embassy is caught in the crossfire, leading to its evacuation under United Nations guard. (Reuters via CNN)
- Bemba seeks refuge with the South African embassy. (BBC)
- The European Union agrees to open the trans-Atlantic air market to greater competition. (New York Times)
- A senior U.S. District Judge, Lowell Reed Jr., strikes down the Child Online Protection Act, which made it an offence for commercial website operators to allow minors to access ampquotharmfulampquot material. (The Times)
- Police arrest three men in England in relation to the 7 July 2005 London bombings. (Bloomberg)
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon is left shocked, but uninjured at a press conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki in Baghdad as a nearby bomb explodes. (BBC)
- Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John R. Bolton claims the United States deliberately resisted calls for an immediate ceasefire during the 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict. (BBC)
- Amnesty International calls on governments not to co-operate with U.S. military in trials of detainees at Guantánamo Bay. (BBC)
- The ventromedial prefrontal cortex is identified as the part of the human brain that combines logic and emotion in order to make moral decisions. (The Times)
- Insurgency in Somalia:
- Clashes flare up in Mogadishu between the interim government forces and local militiamen. (Shabelle.net)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?