Monday 22 May 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Minoru Kawabata and Anatol Rapoport.
The Moth, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1911 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Minoru Kawabata: Japanese-American painter and academic (d. 2001).
- Anatol Rapoport: Russian-born mathematical psychologist and pianist (d. 2007).
- Braves pitcher, Cliff Curtis, loses his 23rd game in a row.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 May 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Aida - Duet, Act IV: Aida a Me Togliesti (Aida Thou Hast Taken) - Enrico Caruso
- I Love It - American Quartet
- Gems from Babes in Toyland - Victor Light Opera Co.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?