Tuesday 22 May 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1917 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Jean-Louis Laffitte: Curtis novelist.
- George Aratani: American businessman and philanthropist (d. 2013).
- Nathan Davis: American actor (d. 2008).
- Daniel Nagrin: American modern dancer and choreographer (d. 2008).
- Georg Tintner: Austrian-Canadian conductor and composer (d. 1999).
- Claude Étienne: Belgian theatre actor and director.
- Jean-Louis Curtis: French educator and writer. A Professor of Literature at the university, 1943-1958, he was a classic-contemporary author of some 30 novels and 100 short stories. He was awarded the Goncourt Prize in 1947 as well as many other commendations and awards. On 24 December 1986 he was elected to the French Academy.
- Jean Curtis: France Writer
- Commissioned Officer Corps of the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let's All be Americans Now - American Quartet
- America, Here's My Boy - Peerless Quartet
- From Here to Shanghai - Gene Greene & Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?