Thursday 22 May 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Dorothy Vernon of Haddon Hall, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1924!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1924 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Charles Aznavour [Chahnour Varinag Aznavourian] in Paris: France; French-Armenian singer ("Monsieur Carnavel", "Tin Drum").
- Claude Andre Francois Ballif: Composer.
- Helen Wedemeyer: Hilo, Hawaii -- Actress (Hawaii Five-O).
- Pierre Maurer: Paris 6?me physician.
- Cuddly Dudley: English rock and roll singer (d. 2011).
- Gloria Lloyd: American actress and model, also known as Gloria Lloyd Roberts. She was the eldest child of the silent film comedian Harold Lloyd and actress Mildred Davis and sister of Harold Lloyd Jr. She appeared in the 1946 film Temptation, and in a number of documentaries about her father. She died at the age of 87 on February 10, 2012, in Santa Monica.
- Claude Ballif: French composer.
- Charles Aznavour: French singing rage for many years, retaining a loyal following. A diminutive man, 5'3" and 110 lbs., he has nonetheless demonstrated a strong screen presence. He wrote much of his own material, over 500 songs delivered in a raspy voice, perpetually wounded and hopeful. His more than 30 films have included "The Tin Drum" and the Truffaut classic, "Shoot The Piano Player." Aznavour wrote his autobiography in 1972.
- In Chicago, Nathan Leopold and Richard Loeb kidnap Robert Franks
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Fare You Well, Old Joe Clark - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Limehouse Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- It's a Man, Every Time, It's a Man - Marcia Freer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?