Saturday 22 May 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Rol and Elek Bacsik.
It's the Old Army Game, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1926 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Georges Rol: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Bishop and Bishop Emeritus of Angouleme (France).
- Elek Bacsik: Hungarian-American violinist and guitarist (d. 1993).
- Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue by Gene Austin hits #1
- Dutch Communist Party expels David Wijnkoop
- Chiang Kai-shek replaces communists in Guomindang, China.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 May 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Drifting and Dreaming (Sweet Paradise) - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Always - Henry Burr
- Always - Nick Lucas
- After I Say I'm Sorry - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Here in My Arms - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
- Rio Rita - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- Kentucky's Way Of Sayin' Good Morning - Brox Sisters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?