Monday 22 May 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1933 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Chen Jingrun: Chinese mathematician and academic (d. 1996).
- John Browning in Denver: Colorado, USA; pianist (Leventritt Award-1956).
- Gamaliel Onosode: Nigerian technocrat, administrator and a former presidential candidate of the All Nigeria People's Party of Nigeria.
- Loch Ness Monster is first reportedly sighted by John Mackay.
- World Trade Day/National Maritime Day first celebrated.
- US Congress declares all currency in circulation legal tender dollar for dollar as if it were gold.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?