Saturday 22 May 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Cuypers and Richard Baker.
The Counterfeiters, directed by Peter Stewart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1948!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1948 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Jean Cuypers: Belgian pro astrologer, data collector and writer.
- Richard Baker: American politician (Representative-Republican-Louisiana).
- Tomás Sánchez: Cuban painter and engraver.
- Nedumudi Venu: Indian actor and screenwriter.
- Claude McKaye: Jamaican/American poet/author (Banjo, Home to Harlem), dies in Chicago, Illinois at age 57.
- The Soviets launched the largest Lithuanian deportation to Siberia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 May 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Can't be True, Dear - Vera Lynn
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?