Monday 22 May 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Asphalt Jungle, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1950!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1950 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Irène Frain: French writer and historian, co-founder of The Women’s Forum for the Economy and Society.
- Alekos Alavanos: Greek lawyer and politician.
- David Judge: English political scientist and academic.
- Bernie Taupin: English singer-songwriter and poet.
- Bill Whelan: Irish keyboard player songwriter and producer (Planxty).
- Marion Dampier-Jeans: Danish spiritual medium who moved to London at age 19. Her clients come from all walks of life and she regularly helps the police in solving murder mysteries.
- Dutch Poet Gerrit Achterberg wins PC Hooft prize
- Celal Bayar elected president of Turkey.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bewitched - Harmonicats (Jan August Orchestra)
- I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine - Patti Page
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?