Friday 22 May 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Pickup on South Street, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1953 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Doris Barnett: German politician.
- Peter Bazalgette: English television producer.
- Cha Bum-kun: South Korean footballer and manager.
- Paul Mariner: English footballer coach and manager.
- François Bon: French author who often writes while listening to loud rock music.
- John Edward Stevens in New York City: New York, USA; bank robber (FBI Most Wanted List).
- Cha Bum-Kun: Korean footballer
- Vaclav Klicka: Composer, dies at 70.
- President Eisenhower signs Offshore Oil Bill
- Yankee Irv Noren hits into a triple-play, Yanks beat Washington 12-4
- US President Dwight Eisenhower signs Offshore Oil Bill.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?