Sunday 22 May 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me or Leave Me, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1955 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Chalmers Alford: American guitarist (d. 2008).
- Jerry Dammers: Indian-English keyboard player and songwriter (The Specials).
- Iva Davies: Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Icehouse).
- John Grimaldi: English musician songwriter and artist (Argent) (d. 1983).
- Maggie Jones: Baroness Jones of Whitchurch Welsh union leader and politician.
- Sam Coppersmith: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Arizona).
- Dale Winton: British disc jockey and television presenter, one of the most popular TV personalities in England. He kept his sexual orientation quiet until he released his autobiography in 2002.
- Jimmy Lyon: American guitarist (Eddie Money)
- Chalmers ''Spanky'' Alford: American jazz guitarist (d. 2008)
- Oldest man to drive in the Grand Prix (aged 55) finishes 6th
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?