Wednesday 22 May 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sharon Deberry and Gary Sweet.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Date with the Angels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1957 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Sharon Deberry: American entrepreneur, the founder and president of "Discreet Products Inc," based in Orlando, FL, selling condom vending machines.
- Gary Sweet: Australian sex symbol and actor who first came to the public eye in the ten-part series, "Bodyline," starting in July 1984.
- Albert Boonstra: Dutch swimmer.
- Shinji Morisue: Japanese Olympic gymnast.
- Lisa Murkowski: American lawyer and politician.
- KBTX TV channel 3 in Bryan, TX (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Red Sox set AL record by smashing 4 HRs in 6th inning in 11-0 win
- South Africa Government approves race separation in universities.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 May 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?