Friday 22 May 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Fry and Steven Morrissey.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Markham.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1959!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1959 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Ed Fry: Actor (Larry-As the World Turns, Adam Cory-Another World).
- Steven Morrissey: English singer.
- Michele Lynch: American homicide victim.
- David Blatt: Coach.
- Morrissey : Rock Singer.
- Dalbello : Canadian singer
- Kwak Jae-yong: South Korean director and screenwriter
- Andres Luure: Estonian mathematician philosopher and academic
- Jon Sopel: English journalist
- Harry Standjofski: Canadian actor director and playwright
- Benjamin O Davis Jr becomes 1st black General Major in USAF
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Fabian - Turn Me Loose
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?