Tuesday 22 May 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stranger On The Shore by Mr. Acker Bilk.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Lonely Are the Brave, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1962 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Andrew Donald Magee in Paris: France; PGA golfer (1988 Pensacola Open).
- I King: TV Producer.
- Hanan Kattan: British-Palestinian film producer.
- Brian Pillman: American football player and wrestler (d. 1997).
- Hannah Rothschild: English director and producer.
- 14th Emmy Awards: Bob Newhart Show, E G Marshall and Shirley Booth
- Robert A Rushworth, USAF major, takes X-15 to 30,600m
- Roger Maris walks 5 times (record 4 intentionally) in a 9 inn game
- Netherlands telephone net becomes completely automated.
- Continental Airlines Flight 11 crashes after bombs explode on board.
- In Los Angeles, California, the 14th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Bob Newhart, Johnny Carson, and David Brinkley. The Program of the Year: Victoria Regina
- Continental Airlines Flight 11 crashes near Unionville, Missouri after the in-flight detonation of a bomb near the rear lavatory. All 45 passengers and crew aboard are killed.
- Drilling for the new Montreal subway commences.
- Raoul Salan, founder of the French terrorist Organisation armée secrète, is sentenced to life imprisonment in France.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?