Friday 22 May 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to American Woman by The Guess Who.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Out of Towners, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1970!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1970 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Guillaume Warmuz: French football/soccer goalkeeper, who played 374 games in Ligue 1 during 13 seasons, representing in the competition Lens and Monaco.
- Pedro Diniz: Brazilian Formula One racing driver and advertising model for Longines watch factory.
- Paddy Atkinson: Singaporean-English footballer and manager.
- Nadia Khan: Pakistani actress and producer.
- Zoltan Lunka: German boxer.
- Naomi Campbell: English model, actress, singer, and author, sleek, tall, chic, one of the reigning queens of jet-set supermodels, the first black female model to make the covers of both the British and French Vogue. She made a TV debut on "New York Undercover" in November 1995; she published her first novel in 1994, "Swan."
- Eric Wunderlich: United States -- 200m breaststroke (1996 Olympics - 7th Place)
- Marcus Dowdell: NFL wide receiver / kick returner (Arizona Cardinals)
- Clyde Johnson: cornerback (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Arab terrorists kill nine children and three adults on a school bus.
- Mel Stottlemyre sets record by walking 11, but wins 2-0.
- Joseph W Krutch, American writer (Measure of Man), dies at age 76.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?