Saturday 22 May 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Troy Barnhart in Hanford and Corey Croom.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Liebe keine Rede.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1971 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Troy Barnhart in Hanford: California, USA; water polo two metre offense (Olympics-1996).
- Corey Croom: NFL running back (New England Patriots).
- Manuel Ortiz: Mexican professional wrestler.
- Raimund Marasigan: Filipino Musician.
- Daryn Cresswell: Australian footballer and coach.
- An earthquake lasting 20 seconds destroys most of Bingöl, Turkey ampndash more than 1,000 are killed, 10,000 made homeless.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Bread - If
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?