Tuesday 22 May 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Frankenstein by Edgar Winter.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1973!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1973 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Pascal Touron: French rower, who won one of his first international races in 1989 in the GB vs France Under 16 Match.
- Aaron Graham: corner (Arizona Cardinals).
- Julian Tavarez in Santiago: Dominican Republic; pitcher (Cleveland Indians).
- Leslie Ratliffe: WLAF offensive tackle (Rhein Fire).
- Madhureeta Anand: Indian director producer and screenwriter.
- Steffen Højer: Danish footballer and manager
- Donell Jones: American singer-songwriter and producer
- Julián Tavárez: Dominican-American baseball player
- Danny Tiatto: Australian footballer
- Daniel Tiatto: Australian soccer midfielder (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996)
- Nikolaj Lie Kaas: Danish actor
- Emmy News and Documentaries Award presentation
- President Nixon confesses his role in Watergate cover-up
- At Xerox PARC, Bob Metcalfe invents the Ethernet computer connectivity system, describing in a memo how the technology would work. The name "Ethernet" refers to medium-independent transmission of data packets, and is based on a discredited physical theory of an existing "ether" in space allowing transmission of light rays from the sun to the Earth.
- US President Richard Nixon confesses his role in Watergate cover-up.
- Lord Lambton resigns from the British government over a 'call girl' scandal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?