Thursday 22 May 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
The Shining, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1980!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1980 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Steven Baker: Australian Australian rules footballer.
- Björn Barta: German ice hockey player.
- Rhett Fisher: American singer-songwriter producer and actor.
- Lucy Gordon: British model and actress (Born 1980).
- Tommy Smith: English footballer.
- Rena Tanaka: Japanese actress and television personality
- Chad Tracy: American baseball player
- Eddie Watson: Liberian-born Ghanaian actor and producer
- Marlo Thomas and Phil Donahue marry.
- Namco releases the highly influential arcade game Pac-Man.
- The International Court of Justice calls for the release of U.S. Embassy hostages in Tehran.
- The New York Islanders win their first Stanley Cup, from a goal by Bobby Nystrom in overtime of game six of the Stanley Cup playoffs's final round.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?