Tuesday 22 May 2001
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Molly O'Malia .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All For You by Janet.
In UK Don't Stop Movin' by S Club 7 was in the top 5 hits.
Pearl Harbor, directed by Michael Bay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Battlefront.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bittersweet Fools or Lego Bionicle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 2001!
Which were the important events of 22 May 2001 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Sherpa Temba Tsheri, 16, becomes the youngest person to summit Mount Everest.
- The Versailles wedding hall disaster kills 23 in Jerusalem, Israel.
- Jim Jeffords, the United States Senator for Vermont, leaves the Republican Party and becomes an Independent. He joins the Democratic caucus, giving them a 51-49 majority for the remainder of 107th United States Congress.
- Crown Prince Dipendra of Nepal kills his father, the king, his mother and other members of the royal family with an assault rifle and then shoots himself in the Nepalese royal massacre. Dipendra dies June 4, as King of Nepal. His uncle Gyanendra accedes to the throne.
- A Hamas suicide bomber kills 21, mostly teenagers, in the Dolphinarium disco in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- The finale of 3rd Rock from the Sun airs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?