Tuesday 22 May 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') by T-Pain.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Brooks, directed by Bruce A. Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 22 May 2007 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 May
- Premier Gary Doer of the Canadian province of Manitoba secures a third straight NDP majority government in the general election. (CTV)
- Silas Rondeau, the Energy Minister of Brazil, resigns over allegations of corruption in a public works project. (BBC)
- 2007 Israel-Gaza conflict: A total of seven rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip and landed in western Negev. Another rocket landed in Sderot and killed an Israeli woman. In response, the IAF also fired missiles in an air strike at a munitions base, and secondary explosions were reported after the strike. The air strike wounded seven people in the attack on Jabaliya, Gaza City, according to local residents and hospital officials. (Ynet)
- Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury and spiritual head of the Anglican community, declines to invite gay Bishop of New Hampshire Gene Robinson and unrecognized conservative Bishop Martyn Minns of the Convocation of Anglicans in North America to the 2008 Lambeth Conference. (Reuters)
- Skybus Airlines, a new U.S.-based ultra-low-cost carrier airline, launches inaugural flights to and from Columbus, Ohio, with $10 tickets enabled by on-plane advertising and charging people for baggage, pillows, boarding priority, and refreshments. (AP via Signonsandiego.com)
- A suicide attack occurs at a shopping centre in the Ulus district of Ankara, the capital of Turkey. Authorities say there were six fatalities, and 79 injuries. (Hürriyet)
- The U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration issues its forecast for an above-normal 2007 Atlantic hurricane season with 13 to 17 named storms, 7 to 10 hurricanes and 3 to 5 major hurricanes. (NOAA)
- The UK Crown Prosecution Service announces that Andrei Lugovoi, an ex-KGB agent, will be charged in connection with the poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko, also a former KGB agent. (Press Association via the Guardian)
- Iraq War: A car bomb kills 25 people and injures at least 60 in a commercial area in southwestern Baghdad. (Reuters Alertnet)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?