Friday 22 May 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The 8th Confession by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Film Riot.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny or Cooking Mama 3: Shop & Chop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 22 May 2009 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 May
- Floods kill at least 11 people in Haiti. (Press Association via Google News)
- Former Special Air Service officer John Wick is revealed as the whistleblower behind the United Kingdom Parliament's expenses controversy. ''(Telegraph)''
- A 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes Chiautla de Tapia, Puebla, Mexico. (USGS)
- At least 36 people are killed as the Transitional Federal Government and Islamist militants battle in Mogadishu, Somalia. (BBC)
- The Space Shuttle ''Atlantis'' prepares to land at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, United States. (NASA)
- The United Nations requests aid for 1,500,000 people who have been displaced by war in northwest Pakistan. (Sky News)
- Spain's National Police Corps arrests 23 people for trafficking Nigerian prostitutes through voodoo. (BBC)
- Northern Ireland's first sextuplets are born in Belfast. (RTÉ)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?