Saturday 22 May 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Not Afraid by Eminem.
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Burned by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Awkward Embraces.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chu's Dynasty or Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 22 May 2010 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 May
- Air India Express Flight 812 overshoots the runway at Mangalore International Airport in India, killing 158 and leaving 8 survivors.
- An investigation into the cause of the crash begins the flight's black box is located. (RTÉ)
- Only eight passengers have survived the crash. (CNN)
- Apa, a Nepalese Sherpa mountain climber who already held the world record for summiting Mount Everest more than any other person, reaches the summit for the 20th time. (''Asian Tribune'')
- The death toll of Cyclone Laila in Andhra Pradesh, the worst storm to hit the Indian state in 14 years, reaches 36. (BBC)
- Irish authorities arrest two men and foil a ampquotmajor dissident bomb operationampquot. (Press Association)
- Afghan police seize a cache of hundreds of rockets hidden on the outskirts of Kabul. (BBC)
- At least 13 people have died in a clash between a Somali militia and Ethiopian forces who had crossed the border in Somaliland. (BBC)
- Campaigning closes ahead of the Ethiopian general election, 2010 to be held tomorrow. (Al Jazeera)
- Abbott Laboratories buys a Piramal Healthcare unit in India to become the country's largest drug-maker. (''Economic Times'')
- Five people are shot dead by 100 armed Maoists who storm and burn market buildings in Sheohar, Bihar. (''The Hindu'')
- British Airways chief executive Willie Walsh is surrounded by demonstrators who storm the headquarters of the Acas building in London. (''Hindustan Times'')
- ''Ariane 5'' launch vehicle carries out its 50th mission, putting two large telecommunications satellites in orbit. (BBC)
- In the 2010 UEFA Champions League Final, Inter Milan defeats Bayern Munich 2–0, for their first major European title since 1965. (BBC)
- More than 74,000 South African football fans attend the first match at Soccer City—venue for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final—less than three weeks before the tournament begins. (BBC)
- Thirteen-year-old American Jordan Romero becomes the youngest person to reach the summit of Mount Everest. (AP via ESPN)
- Blackpool Football Club beat Cardiff City Football Club 3-2 in the 2010 Final of the Football League Championship play-offs to be guaranteed ampquotthe biggest windfall in global sport from the outcome of a single eventampquot. (''The Independent'')
- Republic of Ireland defender Shane Duffy undergoes life-saving surgery in Dublin after lacerating his liver. (''USA Today'')
- Nicolaus Copernicus is disinterred from an unmarked grave and reburied by Poland. (''The Voice of Russia'')
- A range of activities occur across the United Kingdom to mark the International Day for Biological Diversity. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 May 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?