Sunday 22 May 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
X-Men: First Class, directed by Matthew Vaughn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Último a Sair.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atom Zombie Smasher or Call of Juarez: The Cartel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 2011!
Which were the important events of 22 May 2011 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 May
- 2011 Yemen protests:
- Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh reportedly refuses to sign a Gulf-brokered accord allowing him to resign within 30 days in exchange for immunity the opposition signed the deal yesterday. (Al Jazeera)
- The embassy of the United Arab Emirates is attacked in the capital Sana'a as it holds a meeting of Arab and Western mediators leading to an evacuation by helicopter. (CNN)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: NATO warplanes attack the port of Tripoli and the residence of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. (AFP via France 24)
- Gunmen wearing explosive suicide vests storm a government building in Khost, Afghanistan. (AP via Forbes)
- A series of bomb attacks around the Iraqi capital of Baghdad kills at least 18 people, including 7 policemen. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Sudanese seizure of Abyei:
- South Sudan says the capture of the disputed Abyei region is a ampquotdeclaration of warampquot. (Arab News)
- The United Nations Security Council calls on Sudan to withdraw its forces. (Reuters)
- African Union and Somali troops advance on Mogadishu's Bakara market, a rebel-held area, amid intense fighting. (Reuters)
- Three explosions rock a Pakistan Air Force base in the southern city of Karachi. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- The UK's military operation in Iraq will officially end at midnight, after the Royal Navy completes its training of Iraqi sailors. (BBC)
- The Taliban warn that Kazakhstan's decision to send troops to Afghanistan will have ampquotsevere consequencesampquot. (Trend News Agency)
- ''The Tree of Life'', directed by Terrence Malick and starring Brad Pitt, wins the Palme d'Or at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. (Bloomberg)
- US company Jimmy Choo is sold to private equity firm Labelux for $800 million. (''New York Times'')
- The Government of Iceland imposes a flight ban, following the eruption of Iceland's most active volcano, Grímsvötn. (BBC)
- May 2011 tornado outbreak in the Central United States:
- Tornados hit the city of Minneapolis, Minnesota, damaging scores of homes and killing at least one person. (''Minneapolis Star-Tribune'')
- A curfew is introduced in Minneapolis following reports of looting and gunfire. (Fox Twin Cities)
- The city of Joplin, Missouri, is hit by a tornado, causing ampquotmajor damageampquot in the downtown area and at least 30 fatalities. (Reuters via Yahoo News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?